parallelizing crashtest runs (was: minutes of ESC call ...)

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Mon Nov 3 10:35:49 PST 2014

On 03/11/14 00:28, Markus Mohrhard wrote:
> The new script should scale nearly perfectly. There are still a few
> enhancements on my list so if anyone is interested in python tasks
> please talk to me.

I could be completely off, but this makes me think of running an update
on gentoo. make can restrict it to x processes at a time (advised as
being number of processors plus 1), or (and I don't know how this is
done) it monitors load, and only fires off new processes if load is
below a target level (again, I'd guess it should default to number of
processors).

Don't know how practical it would be for someone to try and code that...

Cheers,
Wol