'master' 'make check' lcov code coverage report

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 3 11:02:40 PST 2014

Hey,

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 7:38 PM, Maarten Hoes <hoes.maarten at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 6:09 PM, Markus Mohrhard
> <markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hey Maarten,
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 4:10 PM, Caolán McNamara <caolanm at redhat.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > Maybe cloph or moggi could sort our some type of access there. I'd be
>> > interested especially interested in which dirs in
>> > filter/source/graphicfilter have 0 coverage and are import filters.
>> >

>> That is in general no problem. Just send your public ssh key to cloph.
>>
> public key is mailed.
>

>> In general I think it makes sense to move that to one of the TDF VMs
>> and implement a script similar to the coverity one that is more or
>> less run once a week.
>>
> Looking briefly at the differences (or lack thereof) in the reports of both
> 11-Apr-2014 and today, I cannot help but wonder if running the report as
> often as weekly would be beneficial at this point. Doing it manually once
> every few months seems often enough for now ? Of course, I would be glad to
> be wrong here.
> ;)

Maybe not weekly but bi-weekly or monthly. Otherwise it will only be
done from time to time without a plan. Even weekly would not hurt as
we have neither a problem with disk space or build hardware.

>> If you are interested in working on that we can
>> surely work something out to get you access to one of the VMs to
>> automated the generation of the reports.
>>
> If bourne/korn shell is considered acceptable, Im willing to try to hack up
> a script that runs a git pull/lcov report and scp uploads the results
> somewhere. If it needs to be written in something else (buildbot, python,
> whatever) I may not be the best man for the job. However, I was able to
> generate the report quite easily by following the guidelines for it in the
> wiki, so it shouldnt be too hard to do for someone that is able to write a
> script for it in other languages I guess.

You can choose whatever technology is a good fit and that you know. Of
course something that other people can understand and maintain is
preferred. A shell script sounds like a good idea for this task and
would simplify the handling.

Regards,
Markus