Discussion of Bug 37759 - Pixel around Objects like ellipse

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Wed Nov 5 05:51:47 PST 2014

On Sat, 2014-08-23 at 00:01 +0200, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> Regina Henschel wrote:
> > What is wrong with gradient fill and mso? Do you know an issue or do
> > you have test documents? I see no difference between AOO (without
> > the points) and LibreOffice (with this points).
> >
> This blog should give some more background info; no bugdocs at hand
> currently, but shouldn't be hard to come by - the sticking point are
> the subshapes, e.g. the eyes of the smiley:
>
>  http://blog.thebehrens.net/2009/07/21/selected-interop-improvement-how-to-fill-ppt-autoshapes/

So I updated the bug with a patch that reverts the adding of the dummy
polygons, which fixes the extra dots issue. But I also added an
example .pptx with a smiley face example which will render a little
different in the eyes afterwards.

I rather prefer loosing the ideal msoffice-alike gradient vs these odd
extra dots though.

C.