some recent changes in build system / scp2

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Tue Nov 11 02:20:52 PST 2014

On 11.11.2014 08:21, Tor Lillqvist wrote:

>     at the time when i did the change
>     "bin/run vcldemo" would execute successfully on Linux - please add
>     support for other platforms to the script when you need it.
>

> In other words, "I broke stuff for people on all platforms except my pet
> one, fix it yourself". Good to know that this is acceptable standard
> procedure around here.

i do not have a Mac so it's hard for me to test that it works?  it's
probably just setting a DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH and i thought that the 2 or 3
developers who actually used the moved executables were old enough to
figure out how to do that on their own.

i'm sorry for not noticing earlier that executables were added that
abused the build system in ways it was never intended to and only worked
by accident.