Google shuts down the OpenID 2.0 on April 20, 2015

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 11:29:32 PST 2014

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 9:26 AM, Robinson Tryon
<bishop.robinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 4:43 PM, David Ostrovsky <d.ostrovsky at gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>> Just to inform you, that Google shuts down the OpenID 2.0
>> service on April 20, 2015, as explained in this announcement [1].
>> I think that the most promising alternative would be to set up OpenID
>> service on TDF infrastructure.
>
> Relevant infrastructure bugs:
>
> Feature #65 (Feedback): Investigate TDF-run OpenID server
> https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/65

As discussed, I think that would be re-inventing the wheel, and as
good as our infra is, having a reliable, secure, scalable, always up,
sign-on service is way outside its scope and means.

between fedora, launchpad, yahoo, fb, blogger, wordpress, etc... there
are already plenty.
In fact it would prolly be best to recommend that people register in
their gerrit account more than one openid to protect themselves again
single-point-of-failure.

> Feature #308 (New): single sign-on for bugzilla and redmine
> https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/308

that is not an infra-related bug.. that is a Bugzilla 'bug'. bugzilla
does not support open-id login, and no plug-in in existence does
either.
there are a couple of seemingly abandoned attempt, none of which are
remotely close to be usable.

Norbert