UOF v2.0, the PRC national XML standard for Chinese Office documents--what to do with it in LibreOffice?

Simos Xenitellis simos.lists at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 12 02:12:24 PST 2014

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 7:37 PM, V Stuart Foote <VStuart.Foote at utsa.edu>
wrote:

> Since then, the Chinese Office suite development by the likes of  RedFlag
> 2000 (defunct), KingSoft, YozoSoft and CS2C with state sponsorship  and
> academic research have refined the UOF national "standard" into a version
> 2.0

There is also Ubuntu Kylin, which does come with LibreOffice. However,
users can install a version of WPS Office specially for Ubuntu Kylin,
according to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Ubuntu%20Kylin
The files are available outside the Software Centre, at
http://www.ubuntukylin.com/applications/showimg.php?lang=cn&id=19

What I would recommend is to ask Dr. Jonas Zhang who works on Ubuntu Kylin.
According to
https://insights.ubuntu.com/2014/10/29/interview-nudt-talks-ubuntu-kylin-and-its-14-10-release/
"[Dr. Jonas Zhang] has been engaged in operating system research and
engineering in China for many years.
With the helping of his colleagues, Jonas has done a lot of work to
construct the community of Ubuntu Kylin since 2013.
Now Ubuntu Kylin has been one of the most active and the largest OS
communities in China."

If you cannot find a contact address for Joan Zhang, you can ask Daniel
Holbach who took the above interview.

Simos

p.s.
This discussion started at