[dtardon at redhat.com: Re: windows and mergedlibs - help with debugging makefile]

David Tardon dtardon at redhat.com
Wed Nov 12 04:16:09 PST 2014

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 10:14:27AM +0200, Noel Grandin wrote:
> Hi David
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> On 2014-11-11 03:39 PM, David Tardon wrote:
> >But I really do not know how to solve this generically. If a test uses
>

> Perhaps we don't need to?
>
> The Microsoft linker has an option /FORCE:MULTIPLE, which will basically ignore this error.
>     http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/70abkas3.aspx
>
> I figured out how to add this option globally, so I know it "fixes" this problem.

Okay, that is for MSVC. How do other linkers cope with it? Has anyone
tried to build with merged-libs on other platforms recently?

> But I would prefer to add it locally, and only in --enabled-merged-libs mode.
>
> Is there a way I can do this in the
>    connectivity/CppunitTest_connectivity_commontools.mk
> file?

Yes, you can set it via gb_CppunitTest_set_ldflags (at least I hope that
function exists for CppunitTest too). Just make sure you do it only for
the $(COM)==MSC case.

D.