Fwd: about vertical text direction

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.co.uk
Thu Nov 20 03:13:18 PST 2014

Hi Aron,

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 07:58:49PM +0900, Aronsoyol Qi <aronsoyol.lo at gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to insert a text box which can show vertical text in writter. But It
> seems like that there is no options for vertical direction text (tb-lr and
> tb-rl)in the combo box in frame’s setting dilaog, just likes the screen
> shot below.
>
> [image: 埋め込み画像 3][image: 埋め込み画像 1]
>
> It seems like this dialog’s source is
>
> sw\source\ui\frmdlg\frmpage.cxx
>
> sw\uiconfig\swriter\ui\frmaddpage.ui
>
> But how to insert the entry into the combo box?

Yes, seems the UI is more limited than the internal enum in this case.
The full list of internally supported values are at

http://api.libreoffice.org/docs/idl/ref/namespacecom_1_1sun_1_1star_1_1text_1_1WritingMode2.html

I think you found the right files to add a new entry -- for editing .ui
files, see here:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/WidgetLayout

After you're dong with editing your cxx and ui files, you can do 'make
sw' to build and copy them to instdir, and instdir/program/soffice
should reflect your changes.

Regards,

Miklos