Formatting of README files

Anthonys Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Wed Nov 26 16:30:10 PST 2014

On 26/11/2014 23:16, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> I wonder if it is politically controversial to be seen as "supporting"
> a markup language, though, the antithesis to WYSIWYG... Even if it is
> a quite new and minimal markup language, that doesn't pretend to be
> even close to full-featured (like troff or TeX).
>
> I can imagine the reaction among the trolling population, "oh, so
> LibreOffice developers don't like their own software, but prefer to
> write their documentation in this sixties-style markup language, ha ha
> ha".

Actually, the KILLER feature of WordPerfect was always its markup mode.
And the sooner we can get that (reveal codes) working in Writer, the
better!!! Okay, I might be an old-school typist, but imho pure wysiwyg
is an AWFUL idea. Dragging stuff around with a mouse is an awful way of
getting stuff in the right place!

I've spent my own money on WordPerfect in the past, and would do so
again if I had the money to spare - that feature is THAT important to
me. Unfortunately, because MS view WP as dangerous competition, my old
copies don't work (very well) any more. Seriously, markup-mode IS a
killer feature. (Unfortunately, today's vulgate have never known
anything other than wysiwyg and don't know what they're missing :-(

Cheers,
Wol