Main-loop / idle handler bits ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at collabora.com
Wed Oct 1 09:04:47 PDT 2014

Hi Florian,

On Wed, 2014-10-01 at 16:55 +0200, Florian Haftmann wrote:
> The current matter of affairs is now documented in the Wiki.
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/LHM_LiMux#Priority_Main_Loop
>
> To be continued…

	Yep - a very helpful table there. I've asked to have that sorted by
timeout not source-location; and to have all the UI related timeouts
split to their own section - clearly we don't want to screw with those -
humans don't get faster reactions with better CPUs ;-)

	Then we should rank and prioritise all the small value timeouts into a
series of grouped 'idle' priorities [ some integer ranking I guess cf.
glib idle handlers ] which we can use in place of any timeout to ensure
these are executed as quickly as possible (absent any other timeout) but
in a way that makes reasonable sense =)

	Does that make sense ?

	Thanks !

		Michael.