OASIS JIRA report | Proposal: hint for complex content

Andras Timar timar74 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 11:59:01 PDT 2014

Hi Regina,

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 8:30 PM, Regina Henschel <rb.henschel at t-online.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> the list in
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/ODF_Implementer_Notes
>
> has a row for the JIRA report
> https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3864
>
> The text is (currently last line in section 4)
> 9d310ecfce3c2fc481b125e1493a534e2107a68e
> Extend style:graphic-properties with attribute loext:text-box
> Complex content (redlines, fields, tables, etc.) in Writer shapes.
> OASIS JIRA report Proposal: hint for complex content
>
> I could not find information about loext:text-box and I do not understand
> "Writer shapes".
>
> I thought shapes of MS documents will go into a custom-shape on import. And
> these have already an attribute "draw:engine" and "draw:data", which is
> intended to support using of different rendering engines. Why do you think,
> a new attribute is needed?

Have you read http://vmiklos.hu/blog/textbox.html ? It is not about
custom shapes, with this we can attach a textframe to drawinglayer
shapes, so we can have tables, redlining, etc. in shapes. It is true,
that it helps in MS Office interop, because Word already had this
feature. The suggested boolean attribute helps Writer to decide,
whether the shape text should be rendered with editengine, or with
Writer. We could use a namespace string instead of this boolean, e.g.
LO/editeng and LO/sw, it would be the same. AFAIK draw:engine is not
related to this problem. Do you have, by chance, an ODF document where
draw:engine is used?

Best regards,
Andras