ESC call Thursday 16:00 central European time ...

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Wed Oct 8 05:10:53 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 08, 2014 at 07:35:30AM -0400, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> BTW, nobody has to work hard to change my mind.  If you or anybody else
> objects to what I did, just go ahead and revert, and pursuade another
> able developer to vote for it.  That's all that's required.

I totally believe Kohei works on this -- and elsewhere -- with the best
intentions, so I see little point in the aggression against the change here.
OTOH the prospect of people doing wikipedia-style edit-wars on gerrit with
changes and reverts at some point isnt too appealing either. So a sober
discussion of this on the ESC to close the topic, while still sucking, isnt too
bad an idea at this point IMHO.

OTOH a _much_ better point for this discussion would had been when the original
patch was still on review. The tricky part is to have more visiblity on that
without drowning everyone in noise. If anyone has some good code or tooling to
help create better visibility, I guess that would be appreciated[1].

Best,

Bjoern

[1] E.g. someone volunteering to tweak the daily gerrit digest to:
    - work on release branches
    - do a weekly? digest
    - sorted by the source code module (so some could watch Writer, some Calc, etc.)
    Could allow QA/supporter guys to have more early visibility of what is
    happening. Then again, this would need people to actually _read_ that
    regularly. If anyone volunteers to invest (both in writing/setting up the
    tooling and creating a group using it) here, it might be worth a few experiments.