[Lightproof] "Binary URP bridge disposed during call"

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Thu Oct 9 09:34:14 PDT 2014

On 10/09/2014 05:48 PM, Adrian Chaves Fernandez wrote:
> $ git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/lightproof
> $ cd lightproof
> $ python3 make.py src/hu_HU/hu_HU.cfg
> $ libreoffice lightproof_hu-1.5.oxt
> Click "OK"
>
> And I get:
>
> 	(com.sun.star.lang.DisposedException) { { { Message = "Binary URP bridge
> 	disposed during call", Context = (com.sun.star.uno.XInterface)
> 	@7f7570034d40 } } }

I cannot reproduce that failure, at least with my local Linux x86_64
master build.

During extension installation, soffice.bin spawns a uno.bin process with
which it communicates via URP.  "Binary URP bridge disposed during call"
mostly means that the other end (i.e., uno.bin in this case) crashed.
Assuming you're on Linux,

   ulimit -c unlimited

and re-doing the experiment might leave around a core file of the
crashed process (on which to use gdb to get a backtrace).

Stephan