[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.co.uk
Thu Oct 9 11:31:45 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 09, 2014 at 07:30:00PM +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen <bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com> wrote:
> Hmm, I kinda like that. Just wondering: Maybe we should have an EasyHack to
> write tests for these regressions? At least some of those should be possible to
> recreate in good test code. For one, this would give us relevant information:
> 1/ Is this regression really still around on master
> 2/ Should allow full-auto bibisect to the commit introducing the trouble

Sadly my experience is that usually writing the test is harder than
fixing the bug itself, i.e. this is not an EasyHack. At least I would
not volunteer to mentor such an EasyHack.

Sure, there are exceptions, like we nowadays have a pretty good
framework for filter tests, but that's not yet the majority.

Regards,

Miklos