Registration of LO extensions

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Mon Oct 13 05:46:49 PDT 2014

On 10/12/2014 03:42 PM, Sebastian Humenda wrote:
> Rene Engelhard wrote:
>> On Sun, Oct 12, 2014 at 11:09:52AM +0100, Sebastian Humenda wrote:
>>> I am trying to register an extension for Libreoffice. I unzipped the *.oxt-file
>>> under /usr/lib/libreoffice/share/extensions/<extension>, but it seems not to be
>>> recognized. Do I need to register the extension somehow or is Libreoffice
>>> supposed to pick up all the extensions in this folder automatically? How could I
>> It's supposed to pick it up automatically.

The way it works in needToSyncRepository
(desktop/source/deployment/misc/dp_misc.cxx) is to compare (LO's idea
of) modification times of /usr/lib/libreoffice/share/extensions/
directory and
~/.config/libreoffice/4/user/extensions/bundled/lastsynchronized file.
There is a dummy /usr/lib/libreoffice/share/extensions/package.txt file
specifically intended to be manually touched whenever manually adding a
bundled extension, for platforms where the directory's modification time
would otherwise not necessarily be updated reliably, for one reason or
other.

Stephan