core.git: sc/qa

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at collabora.com
Tue Oct 14 07:23:31 PDT 2014

On Tue, 2014-10-14 at 16:16 +0200, Michael Stahl wrote:
> On 14.10.2014 16:04, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> >
> >     i wonder if there's a buggy OpenCL driver on that Mac that needs to be
> >     blacklisted somewhere?
> >

> > Somebody else was wondering the same earlier this week. But there isn't
> > such a large variety of OpenCL drivers (or whatever the correct term is)
> > on OS X. Either or code is sliughtly buggy, or there is a bug in Apple's
> > OpenCL implementation that manifests itself when the code happens to
> > execute on a specific OpenCL device (i.e. the CPU or a specific GPU).
> > But the OpenCL driver version number as seen by our code is the same in
> > all cases on a certain OS X version, I think. Not sure if we can
> > blacklist only based on OpenCL driver version, or also specific
> > driver+device combinations.
>
> in any case, somebody needs to investigate *why* the test is failing for
> some, as it may fail for end users too in some scenario then; just
> disabling it on Mac is not the best strategy :)

So, that "somebody" will probably end up being me (unless someone else
volunteers).  The problem is that, I don't have OS X hardware to test
on, and I'm not the original author of the test and hence will likely
take a fair amount of time to study it.

Either way, disabling it on OS X may be our only short-term solution (or
compromise if you prefer the term) given the circumstance.

Kohei