Fwd: Java problem when running CppunitTest_dbaccess_dialog_save on OS X 10.10 with Oracle JDK 1.8

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Mon Oct 20 07:12:03 PDT 2014

(Forwarding to the development list.)

On 20 October 2014 16:39, Robert Antoni Buj i Gelonch <robert.buj at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Xcode doesn't include the java framework.
>
> jvmfwk/plugins/sunmajor/pluginlib/otherjre.cxx:
> "/../../../../../Frameworks/*JavaVM*.framework/*JavaVM*"  //as of
> 1.6.0_22

You mean that that line used to end up referring to something that came
with an Xcode installation, but was otherwise not present? I do have
a /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework. Probably that is what the
above entry was supposed to point to, but as the location of the java
binary changed at some point, that relative path does not work any longer?
Maybe using a relative path here is pointless even? This code is
over-complicated, patches to simplify it are more than welcome;)

> We also have the tool "/usr/libexec/java_home" and work with the output
of "/usr/libexec/java_home -V" or something similar.

Yep. It is used in configure.ac to set up a JAVA_HOME environment variable
for *build-time* use. Whether that is strictly necessary or not, I have no
idea. (IMHO it might be cleaner if at build-time the same automated
mechanism was used to find the JVM to use as at LibreOffice run-time.)

--tml