Mac OS X 64-bit, libstdc++ vs. libc++

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 07:14:55 PDT 2014

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 12:16 PM, Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com> wrote:

> With
> <http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=ab819ab4f49ec7e0d57dcf8bf77beb8cd323ceb1>
> "Default to MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED=1080 for Mac OS X SDK >= 10.8" on
> master towards LO 4.4, a build on Mac OS X against SDK >= 10.8 and with no
> explicit --with-macosx-version-min-required will now use libc++ instead of
> libstdc++, and I expect TDF Mac OS X builds towards LO 4.4 to in fact use
> libc++.

As I get back an migrate the remaining mac tinderbox, I expect to be
even more radical and just plain drop out of autogen in 4.4+ anything
below 10.8
there is no point leaving the illustion of a configuration that will
soon be irremediably broken (as c++11 feature are being deployed and
recen API being used on MAC
I will also drop the 32 bits build altogether.. removing
--enable-retina and --enable-64bits (making them the default) and
making     --with-macosx-version-min-requiered=10.8 the default,
forbiddign anything below that.

Norbert