enable-dbgutil

nicholas ferguson nicholasferguson at wingarch.com
Wed Sep 17 05:41:22 PDT 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan Holesovsky [mailto:kendy at collabora.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 8:40 AM
To: nicholas ferguson
Cc: 'Norbert Thiebaud'; 'Eike Rathke'; 'libreoffice'
Subject: Re: enable-dbgutil

Hi Nicholas,

I suggest we stop with thread and start anew - is that possible?

I am sorry that you are having trouble building with --enable-dbgutil on Windows.  I used to maintain a tinderbox that had this setting on, to avoid bitrot, but then switched that to --enable-debug (so that it can be tested by wider user base), so I don't think we have a tinderbox that would force buildability of LibreOffice on Windows with --enable-dbgutil; if you need that, you are on your own.

Having said that; why do you need --enable-dbgutil specifically?  Where did you get the suggestion to use --enable-dbgutil?  For normal development, --enable-debug should be enough, and also it will give you faster builds + runtime.

My suggestion would be to change --enable-dbgutil in your autogen.input to --enable-debug, then do make clean, and make.

FWIW, master has been broken on Windows in the morning, but since the commit

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=cc6c01632dda28db0da8d007f2fcac63f1c85e38

it should be OK again (or at least is for me with MSVC 2012).

All the best,
Kendy