#4 can someone spot problem with simplebootstrap_cpp.cxx

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 16:22:44 PDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 3:25 PM, nicholas ferguson
<nicholasferguson at wingarch.com> wrote:

> (2)  Just tell someone they need to make their emails friendly to grouping
> in archives... what the heck does this mean: "who need n.(n+1)/2 messages
> instead of n ?"

Your first post had one message
you second one, not only changed the title, but also contained you new
message + a full copy of the previous message.. iow 2 messages
your third one contained a new message a a full copy ot the 2 previous one

so the total number of message is SUM(i=1 to n ; i) = n(n+1)/2

> (3)   I didn't understand why one of my emails needed a moderator's
> review... so I started numbering my follow-ups...to insure I knew they went
> through.

Because one or more of them triggered the automated spam filter... and
eventually the message was released from moderation... no need for
paranoia there.

> (1) when you say "top posting"... someone sent me a rather insulting
> explanation.. and I didn't read it past its first insult.

you have been told by at least 2 different persons on this l ML that
top posting is rude and undesirable
for instance Michael told you:

> In general it is also polite netiquette not to top-post, and to cut the
> context of the mail to the minimum necessary for the discussion.

of course if you think Michael (or I) does not know what he is talking
about, maybe you'll give more weight to a IETF RFC:

https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt
---
[...]
- Be brief without being overly terse.  When replying to a message,
      include enough original material to be understood but no more. It
      is extremely bad form to simply reply to a message by including
      all the previous message: edit out all the irrelevant material.
---

You can, of course, chose to ignore these advices and keep being rude.
heck you may as well post in all-cap at this point...
it really depend what you expect to achieve here... if your goal is to
end-up in the /dev/null filter of most people, you're on the right
path.

Norbert