4.3.x linux packages and collada support

Zolnai Tamás zolnaitamas2000 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 23:26:38 PDT 2014

Hi there,

I've got a bug (fdo#84008) which leads me to the conclusion that linux
packages (4.3.1 and 4.3.2) on libreoffice download page does not contain
collada support. From the symptoms I expect that it was unintentionally,
caused by that collada support needs a compiler supporting std::shared_ptr,
and if this is not available then the configure script disabled collada
support silently.

I fixed the unintentional part with making configure fail if no
std::shared_ptr support, but collada support is enabled.
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=93f9451340957dae29a6b3ccec127a99a03ffd31

So the only question is:
Is it possible to replace the 4.3.1 and 4.3.2 linux packages with new ones
which are compiled with newer compilers? (expecting this is the problem)
To fix the bug mentioned above.

Thanks,
Tamás