LibreOffice Crash

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 7 02:21:59 PDT 2015

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 6:00 PM, Piet van Oostrum <piet at vanoostrum.org> wrote:
> Sorry that the previous mail was sent as a reply to an unrelated message.
> Please disregard and use this one.
>
> I got the dreaded DeploymentException again. This time I compiled LO 4.4.2.2 from sources. The reason I do this is because I want to apply some patches that are important for me, but are not yet available in the release.
>
> I am on Mac OS X 10.10.2 (Yosemite), and I used the following autogen options:
>
> ./autogen.sh PYTHON=/usr/local/bin/python3.3 --with-ant-home=/opt/local/share/java/apache-ant/

Every Mac Build instructions should mention to stay away from
third-party stuff like macports, fink, darwinports or whatever they
call it, unless you exclusively use it to install build-requirements
and no additional stuff.

Chances are, that if you have a non-apple (and non-LO-external
library) component installed, you got more of those that might then
conflict.

Having stuff in /usr/local as well as in /opt as well as additionally
in /Library (your junit.jar) might even indicate that you mix those
frameworks, and that might even have worse sideeffects.

Mac builds really is only tested and known to work according to the
build-instructions in the wiki, namely just XCode (and
autoconf/automake & touch from coreutils)

On crash on startup, I'd expect the build to not have succeeded in the
first place/some of the unit-tests failing already.

ciao
Christian