Crash test update

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Mon Apr 13 08:28:20 PDT 2015

Hi,

On Saturday, 2015-04-11 20:43:52 +0100, Caolán McNamara wrote:

> commit bf8b86e932df3edaeaa887509a22e57cd3920bc1
>
>     sc: Don't limit the zoom to some funny numbers.
>
>     Instead just assert if we get something really really wrong there -
> and let's fix the root cause.
>
> So we have a root cause there now I guess.

Whatever the root cause in this case may be, SetZoom() may be indirectly
called from the API and a 0 value or very high values are possible and
passed down, so removing some "funny numbers" sanity check there should
at least had introduced proper sanity checks at other places.

My other assumption is that when not having actual view data (e.g.
because there is no view) then setting an initial zoom at ScViewData
might fail with a 0 value or something. Additionally, imported documents
may come with arbitrary view settings. Just wild guesses.

IMHO simply removing sanitizing of zoom factors was wrong, if there was
need for lower/higher factors new limits should had been introduced
instead.

  Eike

GPG key "ID" 0x65632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
Better use 64-bit 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A here is why: https://evil32.com/
Care about Free Software, support the FSFE https://fsfe.org/support/?erack