Targetting Windows XP with Windows SDK 8.x

Andras Timar timar74 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 23:46:22 PDT 2015

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 5:43 PM, Michael Stahl <mstahl at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 16.04.2015 10:09, Andras Timar wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> In the past few days I made some experiments with LibreOffice 4.4.
>> configure suggests that SDK version 7.1A should be used for targetting
>> Windows XP. configure also says that SDK version 7.1A is not known to
>> work with VS2013, and it is true. I could not build LibreOffice 4.4
>> with VS2013 and SDK 7.1A, there were many compilation errors.
>
> that must be specific to the 4.4 branch?

Yes, I found the problem and fixed it on my build machine.

> hmm... relying on some undocumented macro with unspecified effect that
> could change in next VS service pack sounds a bit dubious...
>
> probably there are other things in the headers that the macro won't affect?
>
>> I added -D_ATL_XP_TARGETING flag to
>> solenv/gbuild/platform/com_MSC_defs.mk

So after all I don't need _ATL_XP_TARGETING. And AFAIK it had no
effect to LibreOffice, because LibreOffice does not call
InitializeCriticalSectionEx.

>> I have not tried this with master. What is the difference between
>> master and 4.4 in this regard?
>
> master is very clear about it - with 8.x SDK, sal library will use
> Vista-or-later functions instead of older ones that were deprecated in
> the 8.1 SDK, so soffice will not start.

Thanks for clarification. My problem is solved. I'll use VS2013 with SDK 7.1A.

Regards,
Andras