Issue with bundled commons-codecs and commons-lang

Tomáš Chvátal tomas.chvatal at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 01:41:29 PDT 2015

Hello everybody,

I am having problem with the 4.4 libreoffice build with bundled libs.

The commons-codecs and commons-lang error out on me with following error:

[23259s] ERROR: the files below contain java bytecode for something later
than java 1.5,
[23259s] ERROR: please set the javac target to 1.5 or lower.
[23259s] commons-codec-1.9.jar: org/apache/commons/codec/StringEncoder.class
[23259s] commons-codec-1.9.jar:
org/apache/commons/codec/DecoderException.class
[23259s] commons-lang3-3.3.1.jar:
org/apache/commons/lang3/AnnotationUtils.class
[23259s] commons-lang3-3.3.1.jar:
org/apache/commons/lang3/text/StrLookup.class

If I am looking at it correctly it seems like these two are just unpacked
and the jar reused, instead of being recompiled like it was done in past.

Any sugestion for me how to work around this or could we somehow tweak how
these two jars are distributed?

TIA

Tom