INetProtocol removals

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Thu Apr 23 05:41:46 PDT 2015

Over time, we have removed a handful of URI schemes from the
INetProtocol enum in tools/urlobj.hxx.  A consequence of each removal is
that e.g. automatic detection of URIs of that scheme in running text no
longer works.  (As the detection mechanism requires (a) the URI's scheme
to be among the INetProtocol enum values, except for the catch-all
INetProtocol::Generic, and (b) the URI to match INetURLObject's idea of
the syntactic structure for the given scheme.)

The schemes we have removed are the four OOo/LO-private ones

   out
   pop3
   vim
   vnd.sun.star.odma

and the two IANA-registered ones

   imap
   news

So it could be argued that removing the latter two constitutes a
regression, in that imap and news URLs are no longer auto-detected in
running text.  But then again, lots of the other IANA-registered URI
schemes are not, either, so I wouldn't really bother.