minutes of ESC call ...

David Ostrovsky d.ostrovsky at gmx.de
Fri Apr 24 00:06:48 PDT 2015

On Thu Apr 23 08:03:29 PDT 2015, Michael Meeks wrote:

>* Google / openID retrospective (Norbert)
>    + officially deadline was 3x days ago.
>        + google can no longer be used to login.

I've implemented OAuth extension point: [1] and based on it Hybrid
OpenID/OAuth2 authentication method in Gerrit: [2]. All needed changes
were merged upstream and released before the deadline. Since yesterday
the right Gerrit version is deployed on our site. All is needed to bring
Google auth option back is to deploy and configure the plugin: [3], [4],
[5]. Pre-built plugin binary is here: [6].

Googles accounts in Gerrit will be automatically linked to the new OAuth
identity. Existing Google accounts must not be upgraded to Google+
accounts, to be used for Gerrit OAuth.

* [1] https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/q/status:merged
+project:gerrit+branch:stable-2.10+topic:oauth-authentication-provider
* [2] https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/66313
* [3] https://github.com/davido/gerrit-oauth-provider
* [4]
https://github.com/davido/gerrit-oauth-provider/wiki/Getting-Started