German code comments

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 05:36:16 PDT 2015

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 1:13 AM, Tor Lillqvist <tml at iki.fi> wrote:

>> I copied them here and started translating (my translations are at the
>> bottom).
>>     https://github.com/JohannesBuchner/libreoffice-translate
>> Maybe some of you speak German and can help out by forking and pull
>> requests.
>

> Thank you very much for your work, but please, this is the wrong approach.
> Comment translation should use the same workflow as other changes to the
> source code, i.e. using git commits to your local repository clone and
> submitted to gerrit.libreoffice.org. (Read more in our wiki.) Github is not
> involved at all.

That was my first reaction too.. but what Joannes put in github is
just a single file with all the german comment extracted there.
I suppose the idea is to allow for people to just concentrate on
'translating' by cloning a couple ok K repo rather than
the whole core.git
As long as the result is re-injected back in core.git via proper
gerrit patch, that can work...

Norbert