Unable to use Writer as a publication tool

madorosh madorosh at shaw.ca
Thu Aug 6 16:14:57 PDT 2015

I'm a bit surprised by the ad copy on the OL website. I just downloaded and
installed 5.0 with the hope that it would solve the issues I've had
previously.

The major bug I have is applying a "register-true" to an entire document at
a time. I use OL to put together a periodical, with columned text and many
images (which are put in frames and anchored to specific pages).

Is the problem related to the fact I am taking older OO files and attempting
to do this? I don't want to invest heavily in new projects until I get the
bugs sorted out. I find I am taking older files (in order to create a 2nd
edition of an older manuscript) and redoing every paragraph to get the
document to register true. In 4.3.7, the changes would simply not stay after
I saved the document. I tried saving in  ODT and DOC and DOCX formats, it
didn't seem to matter. Now in 5.0, not only do the changes not save if I go
back and register the paragraphs, but OL crashes every time.

Also had some issues in 4.3.7 with image frames migrating, also related to
these revisions of older documents.

Is this all known behaviour? Are there still bugs outstanding if I were to
work on new projects and try to register the text?