Debug build breaks in unit test

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 18:22:23 PDT 2015

On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 7:42 AM, Regina Henschel <rb.henschel at t-online.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> my build with --enable-dbgutil with VS2013 on 32-bit Windows 7 breaks in a
> unit test. It is a build of an unchanged source. The log is in
> http://pastebin.ca/3095468

btw any chance that you build was a mix-bag of --enable-verbose and
not --enable-verbose build ?

--enable-verbose has the unfortnate consequnce of exporting
VERBOSE(upper case) which in turn
had an impact on the compilation of some module, like canvas, sd and
slideshow...

Who knows what happen when a mix of objects compiled with different
options will do...

Norbert

PS: PARALLELISM=1 should _not_ be needed... we are building literally
thousands of build a month an all 3 platforms and none of these build
is running PARALLELISM=1, thankfully as the build is long enough as it
is...