Jack license statement

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Thu Aug 13 06:13:28 PDT 2015

Hi Jack,

On Wednesday, 2015-08-12 02:06:30 -0400, Jack wrote:

> All of my past and future contributions to LibreOffice may be licensed under any license, but not under the GPL or any similar copyleft license. The right to license my contributions under the LGPLv3+ is hereby also granted.

As Wols already pointed out on the list, using LGPLv3+ without the right
to relicense modifications under GPL is an additional restriction that
IMHO, IANAL, is incomatible with LGPL. See
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.html and explicitly
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/ "The Lesser GPL includes a provision that
lets you alter the distribution terms to the ordinary GPL, so that you
can copy code into another program covered by the GPL."

Additionally, we ask contributors to explicitly dual license their code
with also MPLv2 ( https://www.mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/ ), see
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Developers

Please reconsider your license decision, as is, we won't be able to
include your contributions.

Thanks
  Eike

GPG key "ID" 0x65632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
Better use 64-bit 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A here is why: https://evil32.com/
Care about Free Software, support the FSFE https://fsfe.org/support/?erack