Review backlog

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Sat Aug 15 12:42:16 PDT 2015

Ashod Nakashian wrote:
> I have a handful of patches myself on different fixes that didn't
> get enough interest. Is there a better way to make a review more
> accessible to reviewers and save their time?

Hi Ashod,

speaking for myself - I tend to wait for jenkins builds to succeed
before having any closer look, so I'd strive for that first (simply
rebasing will trigger a new build, should there have been a broken
master).

Also, if your patches depend on each other, push them for review in
one go (gerrit detects the depend on each other). This gives context
to the reviewer, and also avoids frustration when pulling one patch,
and realizing it does not build etc.

For patches where seemingly all is in order, a reviewer had already
+1-ed it earlier etc - simply poke that person, she might be busy or
distracted. You find a list of developers and their irc nicks in the
wiki.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten