[GSoC] Integrate LO with GNOME - WR#12

Pranav Kant pranav913 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 06:26:52 PDT 2015

Pencils down period is coming closer, and we are almost done.

On the libreoffice side, this week I :
- fixed an annoying bug in gtktiledviewer to jump to cursor position when
it changes.
- worked on widget registration part by including the introspection bits in
the LO source code. We are now generating the .gir and .typelib files in
create_tree.sh. This also adds build time dependency to libreoffice :
gobject-introspection. I added an extra m4 file to the source tree
(introspection.m4)
- Fixed some minor gobject-introspection annotations that were responsible
for an intermittent crash in gnome-documents.

On gnome-documents side, the widget is integrated, but I discussed with g-d
maintainers, and it seems it requires little more work to be acceptable to
them. g-d currently uses Evince View and its usage is too interleaved with
rest of the code. As of now, I have somehow integrated LOKDocView inside of
g-d using conditionals and changing the control flow where necessary. But,
perhaps it would be better to add one abstraction layer controlling both
evince view and new LOKDocView, or any other view they might think to have
in future.

Hence, I would be working on adding this new abstraction layer in the
remaining  days, and hope to get it merged upstream very soon.

--
Regards,
Pranav Kant