Review backlog

Ashod Nakashian ashnakash at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 19:02:38 PDT 2015

Thanks Norbert and Thorsten for great responses. All makes sense.

On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 2:57 PM, Thorsten Behrens <
thb at documentfoundation.org> wrote:

> Ashod Nakashian wrote:
> > This is a point I'd like to address. At certain times jenkins acts
> > up and fails builds randomly.
> >
> Sure, happens (and sometimes master is broken on certain platforms) -
> but as I said, just rebase your patch then to force a new
> build. Perhaps check tinderbox.libreoffice.org, if all platforms are
> green before.
>
> > I make every effort to submit only patches that fully build _and_ work.
> >
> Careful with those absolutes
> (c.f. https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/17194/) ;)

Thorsten, I think you're being a bit unfair with that example :) Although
your point is well taken.

If anything, it shows how careful I am with what I submit (although I
really didn't mean to push that one, I didn't think it worthwhile to
abandon it either... notice how soon I reverted?).

In fact, it's a perfect example of how I reduce my commits to bare minimum,
when they are not relevant to the fix, but good hygiene (that can/should go
separately).

Thanks.