unable to get latest stable build source code from git repository

Ashod Nakashian ashnakash at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 14:30:55 PDT 2015

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 2:20 AM, Rachna Goel <rachnag at cdac.in> wrote:

> hi thre,
>
> I am struggling to get latest stable source code of libreoffice on winows.
> when I use *git clone* , it fetches the latest updated branch.
> Kindly help me with the parameter that need to be used in order to fetch
> stable release source code (of LibreOffice 5.0)

Hi Rachna,

Git clones the complete repository. You can't exclude or include certain
branches (unlike SVN or P4, for example).

What you need to do is, after cloning, checkout the branch you are
interested in. (Also, you can download a compressed copy of the git repo
from the website and then git pull to update, that might be faster.)

The command to checkout a branch is: git checkout <branchname>