[Libreoffice-commits] core.git: new uno sidebar api tdf#91806

Laurent Godard lgodard.libre at laposte.net
Fri Aug 21 07:05:13 PDT 2015

Hi

* about setTitle

> What I mean is:  Is it supposed to be useful functionality that a client
> that has access to an XDeck instance can change its title?  Or should
> the title rather be immutable and attached to the XDeck instance when it
> is created?
>
> I often wonder this when I see UNO interfaces that have getter/setter
> method pairs for some item of the object's internal state.  When an
> object is considered as internal state plus an external set of
> "messages" it can react to, it often does not make sense to have setter
> methods for individual items of the internal state.  Nevertheless,
> people are sometimes tempted to add such setters "just because," and
> that may lead to unnecessary problems.  That's why I'm asking.

The title is what is displayed
One can want (as uno user) to modify contextually the title
I admit this may be over engeneered regarding legacy decks and panels,
but for custom ones deployed as extension that may be usefull (at least
for my real life need)

* about setOrderIndex

> I'm not sure I understand you here.  But if there is no real need for
> client code to be able to change an XDeck's orderIndex, I'd suggest to
> just not offer that functionality.  (This is similar to the above
> setTitle.)

a client may want to re-order (especially) its decks
a custom deck (extension deployed) always apear at the bottom
this setOrderIndex allow to reorder the decks to the need of the
extension developper

it is some complementary quick-to-do regarding the
movePrevious/Next/First/Last api on decks and panels

Laurent