<ahelp></ahelp> - Extended tips in Helpcontent & VCL + Glade

Sophie gautier.sophie at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 01:38:15 PDT 2015

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for your work and explanations, I jump to the end:
Le 26/08/2015 18:35, Markus Mohrhard a écrit :
> Hey Olivier,
[...]

> At least my patches to move the tooltips extracts them to simple java like
> property files. You can easily process them from there. That format at
> least easily allows us to keep all the existing translations and handle all
> the corner cases that are currently not covered by ui files. Additionally
> the agreement with the translators asks us to make sure that the extended
> tooltips can be extracted into an own pootle project to keep them
> independent of the normal UI translations.
>

> I hope my points explain why all this is less of an technical problem and
> more a social one where before you can do any work you need to convince the
> people affected by your change to come to a common understanding. At least
> your current proposal goes against the current agreement betwee Kendy,
> Sophi, me and the translators. (It already took a long time to get that
> far).

I think we could go further now if we plan the changes largely in
advance and if it would be possible to make the changes in 3 or 4 steps
instead of a big one. Knowing it in advance will allow translators to
organize their work between the different open source projects they
contribute to.
Olivier, we will discuss the help topic during the l10n workshop at
LibOCon, would it be possible that you explain the process to the group
during Tuesday afternoon? Then I'll discuss with the team to push the
project further.
Cheers
Sophie

Sophie Gautier sophie.gautier at documentfoundation.org