Build errors

quailman cbshiles at gmx.com
Thu Aug 27 13:45:55 PDT 2015

I am trying to build LibreOffice for the first time, and am running into
difficulties.

This is my clone command: git clone
git://anongit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core libreoffice
This is my gcc: (Debian 4.9.3-3) 4.9.3

The autogen script  works fine with no modifications. When I actually
attempt to make it though, I keep on running into the same error, which
I could find no information on. The error is the same each time, besides
where in the source it is obviously :
*
*/In file included from
/home/quailman/code/libreoffice/lotuswordpro/source/filter/lwpheader.hxx:75:0,//
//                 from
/home/quailman/code/libreoffice/lotuswordpro/source/filter/lwpbulletstylemgr.hxx:67,//
//                 from
/home/quailman/code/libreoffice/lotuswordpro/source/filter/lwpbulletstylemgr.cxx:61://
///home/quailman/code/libreoffice/include/rtl/ustring.hxx:168:5: note:
declared here//
//     OUString(int) = delete;//
///home/quailman/code/libreoffice/lotuswordpro/source/filter/lwpbulletstylemgr.cxx:119:16:
error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘int’ [-fpermissive]//
//         return "";/

Each time it is in a function which returns a OUString, but the actual
return statement is the *return "";*

If I change the return statement to *return OUString();* it seems to
work, but after running into the error in three separate files(and
having no familiarity with the code), I figure I must be missing
something bigger. Is this a familiar problem to anyone?