minutes of ESC call ...

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.co.uk
Mon Aug 31 01:00:02 PDT 2015

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 03:56:47PM +0100, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at collabora.com> wrote:
>     + Miklos' bibisect repo -> needs to move - swapping to death.

Move to where? As far as I see, the problem was that on pushing a new
build 'git gc --auto' kicked in, and the dev-downloads VM has only 1G of
memory, so in case somebody already clones the repo or the repack
"window size" (in the memory) is not set to some low value (like 100M),
then the VM will start to swap and after some time the OOM killer will
terminate the gc process, and this starts again on the next push.

I now worked around this by limiting the window size for that repo and
ran git gc manually, so it behaves now again. I'm not sure if the repo
has to be moved to anywhere, if something should be done, then a bit
more memory for the VM would be nice. :-)

Regards,

Miklos