[LIbreOffice][SDK] Help needed for a wrapper library written over LibreOffice SDK

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Mon Aug 31 09:50:27 PDT 2015

On 08/30/2015 12:24 PM, Anurag Ghosh wrote:
> I'm sorry if this is considered as spam here. It would be great if
> someone could help me here with the issues, also, any feedback on my
> library would be very helpful.
>
> The code base can be found at
> https://github.com/anuragxel/boost-document. (If anyone could skim
> through the code base once and suggest improvements, that would be
> awesome.)

Your library needs to find an existing LO installation, for one to
re-use files from that installation (e.g., obtaining the path to LO's
offapi.rdb in your src/detail/libre_api/libre_functions.cpp), for
another to potentially start a background soffice process from your
library (in case you don't always want to require clients of your
library to manually start "soffice --accept=..." first).  Doing these
things manually is very brittle.

However, there are already at least two ways to do something like that:

* The "simplified bootstrap" features provided by the SDK: see
<http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/ProUNO/Java/Transparent_Use_of_Office_UNO_Components>
and
<http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/ProUNO/C%2B%2B/Transparent_Use_of_Office_UNO_Components>

* LibreOfficeKit: see libreofficekit/README in the LO source tree (or
does anybody know about more detailed documentation about it?)