Two svg import filters

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Tue Dec 15 05:01:16 PST 2015

On 15/12/15 09:16, Armin Le Grand wrote:
> Due to this situation I would propose to:
>
> - work on changing the SVG importer (a) to creating simple docs with
> GraphicObjects containing the SVG as gereric format, not do own SVG
> conversion any longer
> - put thus created free time in improving/fixing (b)
>
> ...What do you think?

Why exactly are we doing (b)? Because we've got an LO editor for XML
graphics?

Then surely it makes sense to separate embedding graphics into a
document, from editing an embedded graphic. The SVG->XML converter
should be tied to the XML editor.

And could probably be deprecated as in "you should use an SVG editor if
your graphic is SVG". Yes, I know, lusers will say "I don't want to
learn another editor and I know the XML one" :-)

But imho it makes solid logical sense to tie converters to the
applications that use the conversion, and don't convert stuff that
doesn't need it, like when just embedding one document in another.

Cheers,
Wol