Two svg import filters

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Fri Dec 18 02:56:14 PST 2015

Hi all,

Thorsten Behrens schrieb:
> Michael Stahl wrote:
>> i don't claim to know anything about SVG, but i just noticed that
>> filter/source/svg uses boost::spirit, and therefore i am +1 for
>> removing it.
>>
> That's so far the strongest case for removal here. ;)
>
> Other than that, the two filters serve two very different purposes -
> the document filter actually tries to map svg as well as possible to
> ODF (it would work even better if LibreOffice's ODF filter would
> support more of the syntax and semantics of SVG), to get *editable*
> graphics.
>
> As such, replacing the document importer with something that sticks
> the image into a graphic object is missing the point IMO.

I think, that one filter is enough and that LO should use svgio. In case
of File>Open and if you really want to make the graphic immediately
editable, then LO should insert the SVG in a new document as done by
Insert>Image and then break it automatically.

All effort and free time should be used to improve svgio and to
implement the missing ODF parts. For example the lack of the ODF
elements <svg:linearGradient> and <svg:radialGradient> is really bad. It
does not only effect SVG import but the OOXML filter too.

Kind regards
Regina