Remove ActiveX from LibreOffice

Mark Hung marklh9 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 15:58:17 PST 2015

Hi,

I've reported tdf#90386 last year, which was about IE8 didn't render
embedded LibreOffice properly.
A valid use case is to read the uploaded documents on SharePoint server in
intranet.
Eventually it obsoletes, but I prefer to consider this when facing some
directly related event.
 ( i.e EOL of Windows7, new toolchain ceasing ActiveX support, or security
issue which lacks of engineer resource ) .

> Hi there,
>
> Recently it was decided to remove the rest of NPAPI support [1] which
> got me thinking about the other Windows specific plugin tech -
> ActiveX.
>
> It seems ActiveX is very much no longer recommended by Microsoft and
> it seems to not work by default for IE10/11 on Windows 7 and up.  Any
> objections to removing?
>
> AFAICT this would just be removing embedding LO into IE.
>
> Kind regards,
> Bryan
>
> [1] https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/20658/  and ESC discussion
> here: