Remove ActiveX from LibreOffice

Bryan Quigley gquigs at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 18:19:56 PST 2015

>I've reported tdf#90386 last year, which was about IE8 didn't render
>embedded LibreOffice properly.
>From that bug, does that mean it doesn't really work properly anyway
since LO 4.4/IE8?

>Eventually it obsoletes, but I prefer to consider this when facing some
>directly related event.
 >( i.e EOL of Windows7, new toolchain ceasing ActiveX support, or security
issue which lacks of engineer resource ) .

Microsoft recently changed their policy (going into effect Jan 2016),
to obsolete all but the latest IE on said platform.  Which means for
the great majority of (supported) users IE11 is the only supported
version.

[1] https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gp/microsoft-internet-explorer/en-us