help asked for Calc jump function with empty arguments

Winfried Donkers W.Donkers at dci-electronics.nl
Thu Feb 5 03:44:56 PST 2015

Hi Eike,

>> and =IFERROR(1/0;) returns an empty cell, not an error message.

>This is correct and voids my earlier proposal to propagate the ocMissing token through in the final result. Actually we need to pop an ocMissing and push an ScEmptyCellToken in such case.

(To make it clear for me, =IFERROR(1/0,) results in an empty cell in Excel and an error in Calc.)
Popping ocMissing seems a bit of a problem - for me ;-) - as ScInterpreter::Interpret calls ScIfError() first and then changes opcode. So, when I detect ocMissing, I don't know from which function.
In the case of IFERROR I could use a boolean to return an empty cell, but in the case of IF I need to know the result of the expression in the first argument or whether the ocMissing refers to the ifTrue argument or the ifFalse argument.
I hope you understand my problem.

Winfried