broken windows build

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 03:13:34 PST 2015

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 11:32 AM, Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com> wrote:

> Maybe the tooling's output can be improved so that it becomes more apparent
> in <http://ci.libreoffice.org/job/lo_tb_master_win/506/console> that what
> actually happened was that "make" was killed upon a timeout.

timing out from the client side (i.e jenkins here) is unreliable, so
we try to time out from the server side...
unfortunately the underlying make was not actually killed (which is
the root cause of the subsequent woes)

iow it did not work as intended.. so surely the output is not as hoped either...

but one sure sign is the time the build took. if you look in 'Status'
tab you'll see a running time of 3h00 which is the timeout value...

while we are at it.. a running time < 1min with a message about
'connection refused' is indication that there is a make that is stuck
and prevent other build from starting...
(not really a 'feature'.. but hey.. this is Windows... )