icon-themes, missing images, links.txt vs local help

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Tue Feb 10 07:45:00 PST 2015

helpcontent uses icons from icon-themes, but there doesn't seem to be a
*full* "collect every image that helpcontent uses" filter, only a
partial one that picks up on images under "helpimg" so I think
a) that that the garbage collection thing that only zips up icons that
are used in office misses some of those help images causing some to be
missing
b) that the links to the icons in help don't go anywhere near the code
in vcl that parses the links.txt thing which can be used to redirect
request for certain images to other fallback images in the icon theme
c) and fall-back down through an underlying theme if a certain image
doesn't exist doesn't exist in xmlhelp

which is why we get missing images in help, e.g. 4-3 help menu, go to
what's this and press F1 and the "new" and "hyperlink" icons are
missing.

Maybe the solution is to hack xmlhelp to run all image requests through
the vcl loadImage to resolve the images to the final destination and
fill in the resulting url into the html help it generates.

C.