Is cppunit still alive?

Kim Gräsman kim.grasman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 05:14:03 PST 2015

Hi Markus,

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 1:39 PM, Markus Mohrhard
<markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com> wrote:

> so the project is still alive and we are using it a lot.

Good to hear, thanks!

> I have not been working on any new features for some despite having two open
> items but there were also no bug reports. I'm happy to add any patches and
> new features that make sense and don't break anything.

Great, we'll see if we can upgrade to your latest stable release,
we're still running 1.10.2 from ages ago.

I'll run this by our folks internally and see if I can shake out some
time and energy for submitting patches.

> Generally the requirement is that the code is portable across all major
> systems and that it compiles with nearly all used compilers. So in general
> something like gcc 4.0+, MSVC 2008 or MSVC 2010+, clang 3.x, ...

OK, makes sense. Some of the ideas we had involves stuff that's not
available in older MSVC/GCC, but we can always stuff it behind a
macro.

Thanks!

- Kim