Porting to Haiku, GSoC 2015 Idea

Jessica Hamilton jessica.l.hamilton at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 22:05:07 PST 2015

Hi,

I'm one of the project maintainers for Haiku <https://haiku-os.org/>,
and am interested in developing a port of LibreOffice to Haiku.

I currently have a workable build system, with basic support added for
Haiku. It's still compiling, so hard to know just how far it will get,
although I do see libvcllo.so linked... ;-)

However, with preparations for the 2015 Google Summer of Code already
underway, is there anybody available that is interested and willing to
co-mentor a student for the Haiku port of LibreOffice?

I will make available patches of my initial work thus far, including a
guide on building LibreOffice on Haiku.

If I understand correctly, likely the bulk of the work will be
implementing a Haiku native backend for the VCL library. Is that
correct?

And before I disappear down the black-hole of wiki documentation, what
is the best way for me to share my work?

Many Thanks,
Jessica Hamilton, a.k.a jessicah