Calc function names saved to file and backward compatibility

Winfried Donkers W.Donkers at dci-electronics.nl
Thu Feb 19 01:19:57 PST 2015

Hi Eike,

> Looks good to me. However, we should keep the F.DIST.RT also in the UI for
> the case of loading it from OOXML, to prevent user worries or for users
> being used to it and resave it to OOXML as it was, and only map it to
> LEGACY.FDIST when writing to ODF, so that it will be UI FDIST when loaded
> from ODF.
> [...]
> I don't think we should change UI names in this case. FDIST is what users
> are used to since ages, suddenly naming something else FDIST is just
> confusing. Maybe add a hint in scfuncs.src, ala "this is OpenFormula
> FDIST" and "this is OpenFormula LEGACY.FDIST".

OK, then I suggest the following.
Current situation:
Calc UI         ODF                         Excel
FDIST           LEGACY.FDIST                FDIST
F.DIST          COM.MICROSOFT.F.DIST        F.DIST
F.DIST.RT       COM.MICROSOFT.F.DIST.RT     F.DIST.RT

New situation:
Calc UI    ODF-old names, kept   ODF                      Excel
FDIST                            LEGACY.FDIST             FDIST      (no change)
F.DIST     COM.MICROSOFT.F.DIST  FDIST                    F.DIST
F.DIST.RT                        COM.MICROSOFT.F.DIST.RT  F.DIST.RT  (no change)
To be done in two steps.
Shall I prepare step 1 for branch 4-4 and step 2 for master?

Winfried